Thursday, January 30, 2014

Movie Preview - The Fault In Our Stars

     Hello everyone! I'm excited to write this post about an incredible movie that will be coming out this summer. Everyone who follows my blog remembers that I identified this film as one of my top 10 films of this year. After watching the preview, I fully believe it.

   
     In this romantic drama, Hazel Grace Lancaster (Shailene Woodley) and Augustus Waters (Ansel Elgrot) are two teenagers who share a dislike of the conventional while both battle cancer. Meeting at a cancer support group, these two teenagers take a journey together, living in the moment and falling in love. But as their love grows, the hanging shadow of their cancer never leaves them with Hazel's oxygen tank and Gus' prosthetic leg in tow.

     This film is based on the New York Times Bestselling Novel by John Green. I had the privilege of reading this novel during the summer and absolutely fell in love with it. I loved getting swept up into the heartbreaking romance of Hazel and Augustus, thanks to the superb writing of Green. I'm hoping that the crippling reality of death, seizing and living in the moment, and the hope that love brings to someone's life is translated into the film.

     The Fault In Our Stars comes to theaters June 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment