Friday, November 8, 2013

Star Wars: Episode VII news




     I think that I should start a movie news section for this blog but I'll get to that later. So, what better way to kick it off than with the announced return to a galaxy far, far away. 

     Disney and Lucasfilm announced the official release date for the next episode in the epic space opera series. "Star Wars: Episode VII" will be released on December 18, 2015. So far, pre-production is in full swing now with J.J. Abrams (Star Trek, Super 8) at the helm. Abrams will be directing with a script that he is writing in collaboration with Lawrence Kasdam, who penned "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi". 

     There have been no official casting news as to who will be in the film but there have been a lot of rumors floating around. The three main principal characters, Luke (Mark Hamill), Han (Harrison Ford), and Leia (Carrie Fisher) have been scheduled to return but no official word has come from Disney or Abrams. We can all hope that they return based on importance and fans don't want to see anyone else playing those roles. It has been announced that John Williams is returning to score the film. It wouldn't be a Star Wars film without a John Williams-composed score.

     When I first heard that Lucasfilm was bought by Disney, I didn't know how to feel about it. Some days, I still don't know how to feel about it. Will Disney water down this legendary series? But then again, Disney does own Marvel and The Avengers was not watered down at all. I guess I should have more faith. I just hope that this doesn't ruin the legacy of Star Wars. George Lucas already did that by tinkering with the original trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment